We Respect You
At The Hustle, we respect your information. Read more about our Data Protection Statement Policy.
“Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean personal information, whether true or not and whether in electronic or other form, about an individual who can be identified:
- From that data; or
- From that data and other information to which The Hustle has access to or are likely to have access to
Examples of personal data includes name, address, NRIC/FIN/Passport number, photograph or video image, telephone numbers and email addresses.
To find out more about PDPA, you may visit the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission’s website.
Depending on the relationship with The Hustle, the personal data, photographic images, videos, etc., which is provided by the individual may be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Evaluating suitability for admission or employment, enrolling or employing, providing educational courses and training, including sending materials on course / study / assignment / course materials, information on timetables and examination details via postal mail, electronic mail, SMS or MMS, fax and/or voice calls;
- Administering and/or managing relationships with The Hustle (including responding to enquiries, the mailing of correspondence, statements or notices which could involve the disclosure of certain personal data to bring about delivery of the same);
- Sending promotional and marketing information by post, email and SMS about the institute, activities and events as well as carefully selected third parties;
- Processing applications for and administering local and overseas career related activities, events, programmes, internships, employment opportunities, and career coaching, and sharing information with companies (whether local or overseas) for purposes of recruitment, internship, industrial attachment, job placement and research support;
- Meeting or complying with The Hustle’s internal policies and processes / procedures and any applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, orders or requests issued by any court, legal or regulatory bodies (including but not limited to disclosures to regulatory bodies, conducting audit checks, surveillance and investigation);
- Carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or put in place by The Hustle, including the obtaining of references and/or other information from prior educational institutions and employers;
- Conducting checks with the DO NOT CALL Registry;
- Purposes, which are reasonably related to the above.
By providing the Personal Data, including those related to a third party (e.g.:- information of the student’s parents) through the various channels (e.g.:- written form, webpage, email, etc.), he/ she represent and warrant that consent, including that of the third party, has been obtained for collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the respective purposes. In the event the personal data is to be used for a new purpose, The Hustle will notify and seek their consent.
The Hustle ensures that Personal Data held by the organisation shall be kept confidential. When transferring personal data to third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations whether in Singapore or elsewhere in order to carry out one or more of the purposes listed above, The Hustle requires them to ensure that the Personal Data disclosed is kept confidential and secure.
The Hustle respects the confidentiality of the personal data provided.
In that regard, The Hustle will not disclose any of the applicant’s personal data to any third party (unless otherwise for the purposes stated above) without first obtaining expressed consent. However, The Hustle may disclose personal data to third parties without first obtaining the student’s consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- The disclosure is required based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
- The purpose of such disclosure is clearly in the applicant’s interests and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- The disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of the student or another individual;
- There are reasonable grounds to believe that the health or safety of the student or another individual will be seriously affected and consent for the disclosure of the data cannot be obtained in a timely way, provided that The Hustle shall, as soon as may be practicable, notify the student of the disclosure and the purposes of the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- The personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer; and/or
- The disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest.
The instances listed above are not intended to be exhaustive. For an exhaustive list of exceptions, students are encouraged to peruse the PDPA, which is publicly available at https://statutes.agc.gov.sg.
Withdrawal of Consent :
Applicant’s may withdraw their consent to any or all use of Personal Data for any or all of the purposes set out in this policy in writing and submitting through the DPO. If students withdraw their consent to the use of their Personal Data for any or all purposes, and depending on the nature of request, The Hustle may not be in a position to continue providing services to students or administer any contractual relationship in place, in which case The Hustle reserves the right to cease providing the services and/or terminate the contractual relationship.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, students should agree and acknowledge that any withdrawal of consents in accordance with the terms set out will not affect any consent which was provided to The Hustle in respect of the use of their Singapore telephone number(s) for the receiving of marketing or promotional information.
Administration & Management of Personal Data :
As The Hustle relies on the Personal Data to provide services, applicants should ensure that the information provided are correct, accurate and complete.
The Hustle has implemented a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. The Hustle offers the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Applicants can view their personal data, which The Hustle has collected and stored at any time. In order to do so, they will need to submit in writing to us for access. The right to view personal data is limited to the individual’s personal data only. The Hustle is not permitted to reveal any personal data about any other individual. The Hustle reserves the right to refuse access to the individual’s personal data if it will reveal or lead to the revelation of another individual’s personal data, cause harm to you or another individual or is contrary to the national interest.